Friday, July 15, 2011

Now It's Monday

The days have flown by quickly. I've been enjoying investigating Ballymena more. Went to the town hall, called The Braid, on Wednesday. They have a local history set up much like our Historical Society at home. I didn't take pictures as it was a bit  dark so it wouldn't have been good for pictures. I was disappointed though, I was looking for the old town hall. It was replaced years ago. Guess I missed that one.
The papers are so newsy with a lot of interesting pieces and stories. It takes more time to read them compared to the Bflo News. Television is a vast wasteland here as well. They  regularly have  sub titles. I'm not sure if it's for foreigners like me or else their speech is not understood. It's annoying because it's a bit selective and quite slow. Makes news programs very slow in getting to the point. Their accents are. very strong. Your have to put your listening ears on for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment